The last time I was at MGM Grand Hotel was in the 80’s as a child, I remember riding the elevator with the comedy legend Dom Deluise. Today, this hotel seems even more massive and maze-like. I am trying very hard not to get overwhelmed by the Casino environment. Only my first day here at Dev Learn 2015, and my colleague and I have had to text pictures to each other to locate each other. We made the mistake of agreeing to meet by the Starbucks, and of course there are three in the hotel. I finally took a photo of the hotel map and drew a path to the conference area! But I may have to make visual breadcrumbs/associations still to mark my path.
Topics of interest at Dev Learn 2015 – Day 1 (Wednesday, Sept. 30)
Can you imagine these are just the topics of interest for me on the first day only:
- We Don’t Own Social in the Workplace
- Mobile Learning Innovations
- How Caterpillar Uses Bite-sized Learning to Close the Skills Gap
- Navigating Today’s Learning Metaverse
- Story Hero: Create Comics and Motion Comics Interactions with Storyline
- Unpacking Badge Analytics: What Metadata Can Tell Us
- Fast, Easy and Cheap: How to Use WordPress as a LMS
- Everyone Everywhere: How to Create and Deploy Multi-device Learning Content
- Building Bite-sized Learning in a Traditional Training World
- Microlearning Video on a Shoestring
- Digital Badges and the Future of Learning
- And… just because of the title… Where to Look for the Purple Squirrel
Speaking of Rodents, with all the candy, toffee apples, cupcakes, fatty breads, high living and gluttony-inducing things around me… I couldn’t help but think that Templeton the Rat would have a great time here… at least in the dumpsters.