SESSION: Story Hero: Create Comics and Motion Comics Interactions with Storyline
PRESENTER: Michael Sheyahshe
Remember to become aware…How we read comic books
Comicbook style interactions, using animations. Place more emphasis on the story.
Comics: create interest, focuses on story points. Visually communicate ideas and grab your attention.
What Panels do….
Allow you to storyboard content.
- Reference – Scott McCloud’s icons hierarchy.
- Comics –> Distance = Time.
- Closer = less time.
- Tripping the Z-axis. Translation perceived depth. Simple example = shadow.
Comixology is a great app. Provides examples of how to execute.
- Keep animation simple. Simple line motion animation can provide a powerful effect. Remember distance = time.
- Create your comic layout/ and fill out the panels. Similar to how Prezi works with the zoom feature.
- Cool – can embed videos in a panel!
- Put panels on separate layers.
- Pause each panel and place the timing on the timeline for the layer/panel.
- You can add a motion path.
- Add click interactivity to view next panel or layers. BRILLIANT!!!
Speaker Sheyahshe <YouTube? Channel>
Possible other resources:
Articulate article – Comic style designs in Courses