Preso Description – NA couldn’t find one.
See chart I will add reflection later.
This was a particularly helpful session.
Some of the key takeaways:
- The concept of “Informal Learning” is not new.
- Between Formal and Informal Learning there is a Grey Area that when asked if a learning piece should be “Formal” or “Informal” we respond… “It depends” (on context, audience, nature, etc.).
- Process for Formalizing Informal Learning Includes:
- Step 1: Get Organized
- Agree on problem and what success will look like
- Determine metrics
- Identify key stakeholders/audiences
- Formulate approach
- Step 2: Get Oriented
- Agree on scope
- Understand organizational factors
- Identify weaknesses in current state
- Identify milestones
- Step 3: Get Smarter
- Architect solution components
- Develop detailed design
- Integrate into larger system
- Test, learn, iterate
- Step 4: Get Real
- Continue to learn and iterate
- Listen and communicate
- Check your metrics
- Support and institutionalize